About 22 years Voluntarily Service for Human Rights Ain Sohayta Kendro (ASOK) Foundation i.e. ‘Legal Aid Center Foundation’ is the human rights Organization in Bangladesh. Above 10 thousand Hundred Volunteer Humanities People Service in Bangladesh and aboard. This organization affiliated by ‘United Nation’ NGO Branch Department of Economics and Social affairs Code No- 637591, This Organization Registered by Government of the people’s republic of Bangladesh of Social services Registration No. 803576, dated: 23/05/1996, Certificate of Registration from Joint Stock Company of Bangladesh Society act Registration No- S 9417 dated: 14/05/2009, Certificate of Registration Election Commission of Bangladesh Registration No- 81. It provides free legal aid rights Service to the people of Bangladesh and aboard. This Organization serves the welfare of Poor, Destitute, Helpless people of the Bangladesh and the world. This Non Political Non Profitable Voluntary Organization for poor ding leading help, food, education, Children, Old Home, Desirable Persons on the other hand Free legal aid project by whole of Bangladesh this organization has executive Committee, Divisional, District, City Corporation, Municipal, Police Station, Union Perished Committee Service legal aid with his penal lawyers on the other hand Trained for Member Human rights upgrade ion, Human development, Small industrial interpratonar with jointly ministry of industry Bangladesh Tanning (NPO), General Press Tanning Programs for development Humanity and Press act with jointly Bangladesh Press Council, Election Observer Monitoring Tannin, General Knowledge for Utility buildup in Law. This organization seeks to make awareness to human rights so as to empower citizens to negotiate their rights.
Rolls and Regulation ASOK:
Nature of Society and Background Information
This is a Non-profit, Non– political partisan and Non– Governmental Social Development Organization for the service of the welfare and development of the society. This Society will work for Implementation of its following Aims and Objectives for the service of the people at grass roots level irrespective of casts, creed, sex, region, race, disability, age or religion.
Background of the organization
The persons whose are also founder the organization are high eminence in the society having wide experience in the development field including mass communication and media; social study, action research and the humanitarian work in Bangladesh.
The founder being desirous of establishing development organization with a view to continuing the work and/ or undertake work similar to that of the aforesaid activities, have decided to entrust convey, transfer and grant certain properties including sums of money as set out below in implementation of the goal and objectives of the organization.
Vision, Mission and Objectives
Envisions poverty free pluralist society based on knowledge and technology where everyone’s basic needs, rights and information are ensured.
Will work to fight poverty through participatory action research activities followed by social actions to eradicate poverty, lack of knowledge and Injustice
1. To lead the activities of building up the nation for the sake of country and people.
2. To conduct participatory action research activities on poverty, marginalization and development
3. To find out appropriate strategy for poverty alleviation
4. To facilitate social actions to eradicate poverty, ignorance and underdevelopment.
5. To promote knowledge based community through media and Information Technology for disadvantaged people and community
6. To inform people about the existing law and policy in favour of people.
7. To facilitate marginalized population of the society to search the way of raising voice for pro-poor policy making for development.
8. To facilitate various type of activism on human rights, advocacy, awareness rising.
9. To facilitate social activism in favour of disadvantaged and deprived population.
10. To facilitate people to establish accountability of service providing organizations for better service.
11. To inform, educate and mobilize people for basic rights and human rights .
12. To support local press and media to ensure information flow in favour of peripheral people
13. To facilitate establishment of community radio to disseminate necessary information and views for better livelihood and development.
14. To publish various type of documents, newsletter, documentary on rights, media, education, gender, developments
15. To facilitate advocacy, lobby and seek alliances for policy formulation and reform
16. To facilitate the formulation of costal development policy.
17. To facilitate the voice of poor to facilitate and participate in survival strategies of the rural poor to gain socio-economic sustainability and a better livelihood standard.
18. To minimize digital divide by providing assistance for community ITC centre
19. To enhance monitoring of media coverage and promoting information flow.
20. To rapport building, mutual friendship, networking, sharing and mutual exchange of love and affection of all members and staffs, partner organisations, community people, civil society will form unity, assistance, tolerance, community and brother-hood at every level.
21. To arrange different programs and initiatives to go on a sound, healthy and creative cultural movement with a view to remoulding native culture.
22. To go on full cordial attempt to remove the violence against women, dowry custom etc. and will include special educational programs for the rights issue, governance issue, gender issue, women empowerment etc.
23. To adopt various voluntary works and initiatives like neat and cleanliness campaign, tree plantation campaign, EPI camps, programs against the city environment pollution, voluntary blood donation ceremony, eye treatment and donation programme after death, campaign for good governance, anti globalisation movement, fare trade movement, Local/National/International issue based rights movements etc.
24. To take grants, donations, loans, technical expertise or any other help, needed for its smooth operation, functioning and development and for overall betterment of the disadvantaged targeted community including women, surroundings and environment, from person, local and international donor agencies, financial organizations, autonomous body, banks, government, local government authorities.